To start a new text chat:
- Click the Start chat icon to the right of your friend's profile listing. The chat window appears. You can also access the chat window by right-clicking on your friend and selecting Start chat.
- Enter a message in the Your text field.
- Click Send/Enter to send your message.
- When your message is sent, it will appear in the upper left pane of the chat window, preceded by your name and time stamp highlighted in gray.
- ooVoo will display a notification in the chat window when your friend begins to type their response. When their message is sent, it will appear below your message, preceded by their name and time stamp highlighted in orange.
- To close the chat window, click the X in the window's upper-right corner.
To invite additional friends to a text chat:
- Click the Invite button in the upper-right corner of the chat window. A sliding list of contacts appears.
- Select a friend.
- To select more than one friend, press and hold the Ctrl keyboard key while making your selections.
- Click Invite.
You can also:
- Drag friends from the sliding list of contacts into the chat window.
- Drag friends from the Friends screen into the chat window.
Note: Friends who have been imported from Facebook cannot be invited to a chat with ooVoo friends. You are only able to text chat with one Facebook friend at a time.
To format your message:
- Use the text alignment icons to change the message indentation.
- Add emoticons by clicking the emoticon icon then selecting from the list.
- Press Shift+Enter or Ctrl+Enter to start a new line.
While in the chat window you can optionally:
- Resize the window by dragging its borders.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu beside a friend's photo to display additional methods to contact them.
- PC users: Change the look of the text on your computer by clicking the font icon to change the font, font style, and font size.