ooVoo's default frame rate is 15 frames-per-second (fps). It is possible to change your webcam's frame rate to as low as 5 fps and as high as 30 fps.
Note: Setting your frame rate to a lower (and slower) fps will use fewer computer resources and less Internet bandwidth. However, lower frame rates will cause a delay that may effect the quality of your video call.
To change your frame rate:
- Go to ooVoo >Settings >Audio & Video.
- Click the Frame rate drop-down menu under the Video quality header.
- Select your desired frame rate.
- Click Save at the bottom of the window to save your changes. Note: Video quality parameters cannot be changed during a video call or when recording a video message.
- To restore your frame rate to the default setting, click the Restore button in the Audio & Video window, then save your changes.