Suggestions to improve the quality & performance of your video call:
- Restart your device. Sounds silly, but for best performance most manufacturers suggest that you restart your device once a week. When your device restarts, your RAM usage will be reset.
- Close any other applications that are running on your device. Running more than one application at one time limits your available bandwidth and device resources.
- Delete any applications that you no longer use. This can make a considerable difference in call quality.
- If you are using a WiFi device with a router, reset the router.
- Try switching to a different network (from WiFi to 4G or vice-versa). Try a different WiFi network.
Still having problems?
Test your bandwidth. We suggest a free app called, Speedtest.
- After it is installed, select the Begin Test button. This will test your current upload/download speed along with your Ping speed. Please run it a few times and review your results.
- To upload ooVoo video, you need an upload speed of 400Kbps. If your upload speed is lower than 400Kbps, your video may be pixelated or freeze.
- To download ooVoo video, you need a download speed of 1000Kbps. If your download speed is less than 1000 Kbps, you might have issues maintaining a steady video stream; it may be choppy and drop-out.