Noise or audio interference can result from your microphone settings. Please check your settings by following the steps below.
To reduce your Microphone Boost level:
- Right-click the Speakers icon from the task bar.
- Select Recording devices from the drop-down menu.
- Select your default microphone device, as indicated by the green circle.
- Click the Properties button in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- In the properties window, select to the Levels tab.
- Check the Microphone Boost level. If it is higher than +10, try reducing it to +10 or 50%.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Start a video call to test the fix.
To turn off the Auto Microphone Adjustment setting:
- During a video call, click the drop-down arrow next to the microphone icon.
- If Automatically adjust my microphone is checked, click to uncheck it.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be a problem with your microphone hardware. We suggest that you use a different microphone device if possible, or mute your microphone during video calls whenever you are not speaking.