Perform a microphone test:
- Exit the video call.
- Click the Help menu.
- Select Check your Audio and Video.
- In the Input level section, open the drop-down list and test all available devices from the list.
Is your microphone working?
- Make sure your headset or external microphone is correctly connected to your computer.
- Check to see if your headset or external microphone is muted:
- In the video conversation window, look for a red slash on the microphone icon.
- If you see a red slash, click the microphone icon to unmute.
- If you have more than one microphone or microphone device:
- Click the microphone drop-down arrow.
- Select a different microphone.
- If your headset or microphone is connected to a USB port/adapter:
- Check to see if it is displayed in the drop-down list of available devices.
- If it is not, try disconnecting and then reconnecting.
- If it still does not appear, try a different USB port.
- Close all open applications that could also be using your microphone. You may need to end the call and try again.
- Message your friend to ask if they can hear themselves through their speakers. If they cannot, the issue may be with their speakers.
Note: We recommend that all ooVoo PC users use an external headset with attached microphone to avoid echo and background noises that may come from speaker audio feedback.