Please review the topics below to resolve issues with recording or viewing video messages:
Recording a video message:
If you are unable to record a video message, it may be due to issues with your sound card. Sound card issues can commonly result in a disabled record button.
To test your audio:
- From the ooVoo menu bar, select Help >Check Audio and Video.
- In the Speakers panel, click the Check button.
- Perform the audio test to confirm that there is audio from your speakers.
- In the Microphone panel, click the Check button.
- Perform the audio test to confirm that your microphone is receiving audio.
- If either test fails, or if there are no speaker or microphone devices listed in the test area, please update your sound card drivers.
Viewing a video message:
Video messages and recorded files are only available on the computer or device on which they were recorded or to which they were received. Video message can be found in your History folder.
To access your video messages from the History folder:
- From the ooVoo menu bar, click ooVoo >History >Video Messages.
- From here, you can play your videos or send videos to your friends.
You can change the folder to which your video messages, recorded calls, and received files are saved in order to help you keep track of them on your computer.
To change your saved video folder:
- Click ooVoo >History.
- Select Recorded files.
- Click the Settings button in the Recorded files window.
- Select Recorded calls.
- Under the All recorded calls are saved to header, click Change folder.
- Select your updated folder.
- Click Save to save your changes.
If you are unable to play your videos, it may be an issue with the video format. If the video message was saved in the .avi format, you will need to install a video codec to view the message. To overcome this issue, you can:
- Download a free video codec, such as DivX or K-Lite.
- Save the video message in the Flash (.flv) format:
- From the ooVoo menu bar, select ooVoo >History.
- Open the video message.
- Click Save As.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Flash files (.flv) option.
- Click Save to save the message in the .flv video format.